Remya Warrior is a space planning expert with over 15 years of experience and a master's degree in design. She is the owner and lead designer of Kitchen Designers NJ, a brick-and-mortar store located in Red Bank, NJ. She has specialized in kitchen design for over a decade and has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.
Home Stylist Collective Member Remya Warrior spoke with us about her work, what inspires her, and some tips for homeowners who may be taking on a design project.
1. Which room in the home is your favorite to redesign and why?
Kitchens, because I have seen how re-designing a kitchen has improved their lives.
2. Who or what inspires your designs that might surprise our readers?
I believe that bringing people together is my purpose. Every room I have designed has resulted in bringing their friends and family together for many get-togethers. That's what inspires me and that is what I live for.
3. Which room do you think most often goes neglected when it comes to design, and why do you think that is?
Master bedrooms and other bedrooms. I think it's because we always try to take care of others and spend time and money on ourselves last.
4. In what areas do you recommend your clients try to save some money and what areas do you recommend they spend more of their budget?
It depends on the room I'm helping with. For a kitchen, I say spend money on your cabinets as that's the foundation all the other layers sit on. In the living room, spend money on the sofa you sit on the most.
5. Tell me about one decorative item in your home that you simply cannot live without.
I absolutely love the island we have in our kitchen (pictured above). I also have a second sink in my island. We can comfortably seat five people there, and this has served well for all our family and friend get-togethers.
If you want to learn more about Remya or see some of her work, we have provided her links below: