When it comes to redecorating for the summer, you might focus on the patio or typical design trends like using rich colors or tropical or floral prints. But we think the best decision anyone can make this summer is adding blackout curtains to their windows.
There are so many benefits to true blackout curtains that it’s really a no-brainer. They help control the temperature in your home, reduce noise and so much more.
Here are our top 5 reasons why everyone needs to include blackout curtains in their summer decor choices:
1. You can sleep during the day. – If you work third shift, if you have a baby or a toddler who takes naps, or if you simply enjoy a quick cat nap during the day, these are the curtains for you. True blackout curtains block about 99% of the light coming into your home so that you and your family can get some shuteye.
2. Lower your energy bills. – Because these panels are insulated to block the heat of the light in the summer and block cool drafty breezes during the fall and winter, blackout curtains help you regulate the temperature of your room, improving your energy efficiency when it comes to heating and cooling.
3. Enjoy complete privacy. – As long as you keep the window panels closed, your neighbors and other outsiders will not be able to get a look inside your home. With blackout panels, they shouldn’t even be able to see shadows moving about inside your home.
4. Keep your home quiet. – Not only does this help with daytime naps, but it helps you enjoy your favorite television shows and movies, as well as conversations with your family and friends inside your home. Blackout curtains can significantly reduce the amount of outside noise from neighbors, lawnmowers, emergency vehicles, and anything else that might cause noisy distractions.
5. They look great. – Because blackout curtains are available in so many different looks, colors and sizes, you are sure to find the perfect style for your room. They also pair well with sheer curtains to give you the option to let in light when you want it and block it when you don’t.
Guest Blog: Decorative Tips to Make Your House Feel More Like Home
When it comes to making a house feel like a home, the little decorative touches can make a significant difference. By adding personal touches and incorporating cozy elements, you can transform your living space into a warm and inviting sanctuary.
Interior Designer Remya Warrior is a business owner and space planning expert who has specialized in kitchen design for over a decade. She spoke with us about her work, what inspires her, and some tips for homeowners who may be taking on a design project.
Guest Blog: 11 Vintage Design Trends We’re Happy to See Again in Our Homes
What’s in style for the season? It should surprise no one that what once was old is new again. Vintage design trends are all the rage, and some of the looks of yesteryear can transform your abode into the cozy palace of your dreams.