Jewel tones are trending this year in home decor, and for good reason. Not only are the colors beautiful, but they also add a lively energy to the space while maintaining an elegant feel. Used properly, your space will look like it’s fit for royalty.
What Are Jewel Tones And How Can I Incorporate Them Into My Home?
Jewel tones are exactly what they sound like. They’re colors based on precious gems like emeralds, rubies, sapphires, amethysts, etc. There are so many ways to add them to your home decor.
1. Paint – Go bold and paint each wall in your room, or take it down a notch and just paint an accent wall. If you’d rather not paint your walls, you can start with smaller projects like painting a book shelf or a dresser. All the major paint brands like Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams, Behr and others have excellent selections of jewel tones to choose from.
2. Wall Art – This can be anything you hang on your wall, such as a large painting, a framed photograph or a tapestry, to name a few. These eye-catching pieces can be just what you need to bring your room together.
3. Window Treatments – No space is complete without beautiful curtains. Your window treatments are among the first things your visitors will notice when they enter your room, so this is a great place to incorporate jewel tones. With so many unique designs available, you are likely to find the perfect look and color for your home.
4. Furniture – You can easily find couches and love seats in a beautiful sapphire or ruby red. If you already have a chair or couch you like, you can reupholster it in a bold jewel tone. Or, even easier and much less expensive, choose a furniture protector or slip cover for your existing furniture.
5. Decorative Accents – Think pillows, throws, rugs, figurines, flower pots and more. If you are not yet committed to a jewel tone theme, using accents like these is a great way to get started and ease into it. Because these are generally inexpensive options, you can test a few different shades to see which ones you like the most and which work the best within your space.
Jewel tones are especially popular in the fall and winter, so now is a perfect time to start incorporating them into your home.
Shop now at LushDecor.com to redecorate your home with new bedding, elegant window curtains, soft sherpa throws and more.
Guest Blog: The Dos and Don’ts of Bathroom Tile Design
Bathroom tiles play a crucial role in creating a functional and aesthetically pleasing space. It's easy to get overwhelmed with such a variety of options out there. By sticking to a few simple dos and don'ts, you can make informed decisions and create a beautiful bathroom that suits your style and needs.
When it comes to home decor, some trends come and go, while others stand the test of time. Stripes are a classic example of an enduring trend that is, right now, having a moment in home decor design! From bold and vibrant to subtle and elegant, their versatility and simplicity make stripes easy to love and fun to work into your decor profile.