With that in mind, we have put together our top suggestions for updating your laundry room to make washing and folding clothes more enjoyable for you, or to get your home ready to sell.
These are the top 5 must-haves for the perfect laundry room:
1. The best appliances – Depending on your budget, try to find the best appliances you can afford that fit within the space you have. You want to find the washer and dryer that have the largest capacity and best reliability rating. If you have very limited space, consider a stacked washer/dryer combination pair. Or, you can skip the dryer and opt for line drying to save money in your budget for the best washing machine.
2. A utility sink – It is always helpful to have a place to pre-soak your clothes with heavy-duty stains and to hand wash your most delicate items.
3. Folding and sorting table – Every laundry room needs a place to sort your clothes before washing and fold the clothes once they have finished drying.
4. Ample storage – Where will you keep your laundry detergent, softener, stain removers, clothes pins, hangers and other items you will need for washing and drying? Keep the items you will use most often in open storage containers in the most accessible areas, and keep the items you use least often in decorative storage boxes up higher and in the harder to reach areas.
5. Soothing touches – Doing laundry is a chore that most people do not particularly enjoy. Fill the room with essential oils to promote relaxation, and paint the walls in colors that tend to be calming. A white noise machine is another great option for creating a peaceful atmosphere to get the work done.
When it comes to redecorating the various rooms in your home, do not neglect the laundry room. It is a room you will spend a lot of time in each week and a room that is at the top of the list for most home buyers. Use the tips above to create a functional and calming space perfect for your family’s needs.
Guest Blog: The Dos and Don’ts of Bathroom Tile Design
Bathroom tiles play a crucial role in creating a functional and aesthetically pleasing space. It's easy to get overwhelmed with such a variety of options out there. By sticking to a few simple dos and don'ts, you can make informed decisions and create a beautiful bathroom that suits your style and needs.
When it comes to home decor, some trends come and go, while others stand the test of time. Stripes are a classic example of an enduring trend that is, right now, having a moment in home decor design! From bold and vibrant to subtle and elegant, their versatility and simplicity make stripes easy to love and fun to work into your decor profile.