Anyone who spends any amount of time watching home makeover shows on HGTV know that rustic farmhouse and modern farmhouse styles are sweeping the nation. The traditional farmhouse style is known for being comfortable like Scandinavian hygge but also incorporates style elements such as vintage antiques and distressed fabrics or woods.
If you aren’t ready for a full bedroom makeover, there are many ways to incorporate small farmhouse touches to your bedroom. Here are some simple and inexpensive ideas to create the farmhouse chic bedroom of your dreams:
1. Decorative Accents Small decorative accents are the least expensive touches you can add to your bedroom to create a farmhouse look. Woven storage baskets, a small area rug, decorative throw pillows, a DIY decorative wreath, flowers or plants, or a framed sign above the bed don’t cost much but can have a big effect on the look of your bedroom.
2. New Nightstand All new furniture can be very expensive, but you can swap out your nightstand for a vintage or second-hand piece from a flea market for a very low price. Sand it down yourself and apply a new coat of paint or stain if necessary. Don’t do too much to it. The distressed wood look is perfect for a farmhouse chic bedroom.
3. New Bedding Farmhouse style is comforting and inviting. The perfect comforter or duvet for your farmhouse chic bedroom is soft, cozy, and simply elegant. A solid color or simple stripe or floral design is ideal for this interior design style. Layer it with some matching decorative pillows and a patchwork quilt to give your bed a complete and styled farmhouse look.
4. Bring In The Barn Exposed beams along the ceiling or sliding barn doors for your entrance, closet or bathroom bring the farmhouse feeling to your bedroom.
5. Shiplap Accent Wall What’s more farmhouse chic than shiplap? It may be too expensive to update each wall in your bedroom, but taking your smallest wall and adding shiplap beams to create an accent wall won’t break the bank, especially if you're handy enough to do it yourself. And despite it being a smaller project, it will completely transform your space.
Using these ideas above, you can slowly but surely create the farmhouse bedroom you dream of without busting your budget. A full room makeover doesn’t need to happen all at once. Little by little, these decorative touches will make a big impact in your space.
Guest Blog: 6 Home Decor Product Ideas for a Smarter Home or Office
Welcome to a future where interior design for homes and offices goes beyond mere aesthetics. The way we decorate our homes and offices has changed due to the development of technology and the demand for smarter, more effective living environments. Today, we'll look at 6 suggestions for home design products that may improve your space's look and feel while making it more innovative and...
Guest Blog: The Dos and Don’ts of Bathroom Tile Design
Bathroom tiles play a crucial role in creating a functional and aesthetically pleasing space. It's easy to get overwhelmed with such a variety of options out there. By sticking to a few simple dos and don'ts, you can make informed decisions and create a beautiful bathroom that suits your style and needs.