Being headquartered in New Jersey, people around here certainly equate summertime with the beach. But what if you can’t afford a beach home? What if you live nowhere near a beach? We’ve put together 5 easy and inexpensive ways to bring the beach feel to your own home.
1. Walls – Choose beach colors like ocean or sky blues, sandy browns, sunny yellows. You can even add texture to your walls to make it feel sandy or go all out with a mural on an accent wall.
2. Textiles – Decorative pillows, throws and curtains will add just the right amount of pop to your room. (We recommend the Lush DécorWhale and Sea Life prints.)
3. Accents – Incorporate sea shells, aquatic life, palm trees, surf boards and other beach staples in your lamp fixtures, paper weights, wall art and more.
4. Scents – Purchase a candle or plug-in air freshener to get the smell of the ocean breeze in your own living room.
5. Light – Allowing as much natural light to shine through as possible is key, but if the space doesn’t have many windows, adding a couple bright light fixtures will make it feel like a sunny beach day. (Tip: Add a dimmer switch to reduce the amount of light as the sun goes down)
You can realistically turn your room into a "beachy" paradise for under $1,000 and in very little time.